ALL BLACKS head coach Steve Hansen and his wife Tash have listed their five-bedroom lifestyle property in Canterbury with Ray White Town & Lifestyle as they embark on the next chapter of their lives.
The multi-award-winning luxury stone and linea house on the outskirts of Christchurch could be just the ticket for those looking for a true New Zealand lifestyle change.
“Our network has an ongoing association with Steve Hansen as our NZ brand ambassador and we are extremely proud to be appointed to market Steve and Tash Hansen’s family property,” said Ray White New Zealand Chief Executive Carey Smith.
Steve Hansen has been a brand ambassador for the Ray White group in New Zealand since 2016.
The latest campaign called ‘A Name to Trust’ cements their relationship in the year he leads his team to defend their world champions title in Japan.
“It’s well known that I’m moving on at the end of the Rugby World Cup after 16 years with the All Blacks and we’re starting a new stage in our lives,” Mr Hansen said.
“We’ve loved everything about our beautiful home over the last four years, however, we’re now preparing for the next phase of our lives after rugby. It’s as simple as that.”
Prebbleton itself is a vibrant village, just 15 minutes to the Christchurch CBD, yet in the heart of Canterbury. The area is well known for its lifestyle acreage blocks in the lush South Island.
Ray White Town and Lifestyle Directors, Emma Langton-George and Brendan Shefford said this multi-award-winning five-bedroom property at 42 Hamptons Road sits on a significant 2.78ha of beautifully laid-out grounds where peace and privacy abound in one prime offering.
“From the inside out, the property offers exceptional workmanship and meticulous design,” Ms Langton-George said.
“Prebbleton is sought after by people who are looking for a lifestyle that’s close to the city yet far enough away to switch off and relax.”
The property won the 2016 New Zealand Master Builder of the Year Gold award for excellence in workmanship, creativity and innovation for a new home over $2M.
The kitchen – which won the 2016 New Zealand Master Builder of the Year Lifestyle Award for Heart of the Home Kitchen – includes multiple Gaggenau and Miele appliances, walk-in fridge/cool room, under bench freezer/chiller in both the kitchen and scullery, as well as stunning black ‘Absolute’ granite tops with feature Caesarstone frosty tops.
The property encompasses five bedrooms, three with luxury tiled ensuite access, plus a media room with sound system, bar area, built-in fridge and dishwasher.
Solar panels operate the individually zoned underfloor heating, while upstairs is a ducted heat-pump ensuring the stunning master suite remains ambient.
There are multiple outdoor living zones, including an incredible pool and spa area and an alfresco lounge with a kitchen that can be closed off when needed.
There is also a large five-bay shed with one fully enclosed bay for a gym or hobby room.
The property is set for auction on November 1, 2019 (unless sold prior) at the Ray White office at 11:00am at Level 2, 76 Hereford Street, Christchurch.
– Double-storey over-height stone entry with welcoming solid cedar doors
– Five bedrooms, three with ensuite access
– Opulent master suite with walk-in shower and striking luxury tiling
– Built-in fridge, dishwasher, bar area and sound system complete the media room
– Large study with picture window enjoys views to the courtyard and entrance as well as overlooking the three water features
– Beautifully planned lighting and feature lighting inside and out
– A separate shower room and WC with access directly to the pool and spa area includes built-in shelving for towels and accessories
– 32 solar panels that run all the individually zoned in-slab heating
– Alfresco outdoor living area that can be closed off when needed and includes a built-in sink, under bench freezer/chiller, space for a keg and barbecue
– Large five-bay shed has one bay fully enclosed for a gym or hobby room, while there is room to keep the toys or other vehicles.
NOTE: Ray White is Australasia’s largest property agency with more than 1000 offices and last year the leading group sold $A40.7 billion worth of property. Ray White New Zealand operates a network of 177 high performing businesses across the country.